Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Time to say goodbye to 2012 & welcome in 2013. 2012 had its good times and its bad but a new year always mean a fresh start. Looking back, I wanted to talk about my favorites for 2012.
I guess we can start with the face and go around that way. BEWARE: there are a lot of NARS products.

NARS Sheer Glow - i love this foundation. it feels very light on your skin and the best thing to wear during the summer. You don't want a heavy foundation and this foundation feels so light, it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation at all.

MAKEUPFOREVER Mat Velvet Plus - However when I need a little bit more coverage, I turn to my Mat Velvet Plus. It gives me the coverage I need without leaving the cakey feeling afterwards.

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish - This is my favorite powder foundation. On most days, I just put on my moisturizer, concealer and this powder. It gives decent coverage without adding too much build-up especially when you wear liquid foundation underneath. With other powder foundation, if I use a liquid underneath, I feel like I have a cakeface but with this, it feels light but makes sure my liquid foundation isn't moving at all.

YSL Touche Eclat - This is by far my favorite thing I bought this year. Two clicks everyday and I can do the touch-ups underneath my eyes, around the nose and mouth and other blemishes. This is the best thing for the small touch-ups where you don't need to paint your whole face with liquid foundation.

NARS Blush (Madly) - On days when I'm lazy, I just like using this blush. It's not as loud as other colors but I feel like this color can be used as both blush and bronzer.

NARS Concealer - I just love this concealer. The pen shape lets me just dab at certain areas that I need coverage in and it blends it away better than my other liquidy concealers.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - I was surprised that I liked this product as much as I did. I received this in one of Sephora's 500pt perks and I'm thinking of purchasing a full-size one. It's actually applies alot smoother than most lipsticks and the color lasts longer than lipsticks as well. I haven't had to sharpen the lip pencil yet but I think I'll buy a separate sharper just for it.

NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner - Best eyeliner of all times. I've been through so many of these already. The best part of this eyeliner is that you don't need to sharpen it. It twists at the bottom and more of it comes out! I think that it lasts for a long time, longer than pencils and other pen liners also. It runs smooth for easy application, all in all, one of the favorite eyeliners.

URBAN DECAY NAKED Palette - I know I sound like a dying horse with this but this palette is the best palette ever. If you wanted to do a neutral look, you can, if you wanted to do a sexy smokey look, you can. If you wanted to go darker or lighter, you can. It's the most versatile palette ever and most of my looks are done with this palette itself.

DIOR Diorshow Maximizer - I have lashes that can't hold a curl and are very thin but this eyelash primer helps gives me the boost that I need. I use it underneath any regular mascara and it helps hold the curl longer and gives it the volume that I desperately need.

MAC Single Eyeshadow (Carbon) - I use this eyeshadow on a daily basis and it may not be what you think it is. No, I'm not gothic and use only black makeup but I like to use this eyeshadow as an eyeliner. It allows me to play with the thickness of the lines that I want to create and also the shape.

MAC Liquid Liner - This was a recent purchase but it soon became one of my favorites. I wore it a few times and both times, the line never faded, heck it took forever to remove. It dries very quickly so no more smearing my top eyelids when I put on liquid liners. YES!

L'oreal Volumious Lashes - Hate to say that one of my favorite mascaras is actually a drugstore one. I can't really find any other mascara that can define all of my lashes while giving me volume as well. This mascara does that and more. It's able to catch every one of my lashes and give them all volume. I also love the brush, the bristles make it easier for the mascara to latch onto my lashes.

FRESH Sugar in Rose - One of my favorite lip treatments. It goes on smooth and helps heal my lips while leaving a light pink tint. It comes in over flavors and tints as well, it just depends on how dark, bright, light you want to go.

DIOR Addict Lipstick (Tokyo) - LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick. I feel like it just gives me the right shade of pink I need. This is a limited edition color only to Sephora so you won't be able to find it at your local DIOR counter. It compliments most skin tones and basically darkens the naturally pink in everyone's lips.

DIOR RougeLiner Automatic Lip Liner (Caramel) - I think this lip liner complements almost all lip colors. I like to wear alot of pink colors and this liner compliments almost all of my pink lipsticks. Goes on smooth and blends very easily also.

OH, on the subject of lip products, I almost forgot my DIOR Glow lipstick which my boyfriend likes to call it a mood lipstick. The only reason for that is that the color of this lipstick goes on different depending on who the person is. No lie. I went with my girlfriend to buy the lip stick and I got a bright pink while hers went a darker pink. Supposedly the way the lipstick clashes with the chemicals on your lips determines the color (according to the DIOR counter lady). I'm not sure but hey, it's interesting to see what colors people get. Also, my Burt Bees Chapstick. I adore this chapstick, it leaves a minty layer on my lips. I have one in each of my purses. I never leave home without it.

WHEW that was a long post but I think my best of 2012 deserves it. They stuck with me through thick and thin and here we are to 2013. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for me and what new products I discover. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment